Sunday, June 28, 2009

drawing to an end... only to begin anew.

This post was actually started on June 11, 2009. Not sure what happened but it posted under a later date when I actually published it....

As the school year is coming to an end I have reason to be proud. Having two pre-teen boys there are plenty of moments to shake my head and wonder what I was thinking back when I decided that having children was a good idea.... and then there are moments like the present when all my labor finds it's reward.
The end of the year assembly took place this a.m. It will be the last such assembly in Adam's Elementary School career. My boy is moving on to Middle School next year *sniff*. He could not have finished his 6th year of school any better. He received an award for participating in band - he's come a long way on that trumpet!, an award for his time on Student Council, an award - his 6th of which out of 6 possible - for Honor Roll, and an award that has prompted this post.... Adam received the President's (President being Obama) Excellence in Education Award. This award is given to the children who are in the top 10% academically in the state. 3 girls and 1 boy - my Adam - received the award at his school. The kid is amazing. His memory, his ability to reason, his love of the written word, his desire to know....
As a mom I have tried to do what I can to instill the importance of quality education in my children. Education is a gift never to be taken for granted. My boy soaks it all in and I revel in his brilliance. I really couldn't be prouder.
Middle School will be a challenge... but one I am certain we will get through without too many scars. Who can tell what the rest of Adam's academic years will hold.... all I know is he's doing a fine job thus far!

1 comment:

  1. Well done ,Adam-and you too,Jamie.
    uncle sean.

    ReplyDelete